Please be informed that we can only accommodate Visa-clients with appointments! We cannot accept walk-in Visa applications, not even during the office hours.
You can make an appointment on the following link: https://konzinfobooking.mfa.gov.hu
Should you accept the appointment, you are also accepting the following:
You understand that it is the applicant’s responsibility to come well prepared for the appointment; this includes all the necessary completed application form(s) and supporting documents. In case you do not come prepared with all the required documents, we cannot accept your application and you will need to request a new appointment.
Please be aware that you need to submit your application minimum 15 days (maximum 6 months) before your travel.
Please note that when first time applying for a Schengen Visa, electronic collection of biometric data (fingerprints, photo, signature) is mandatory. Therefore, the Visa-issuing authority cannot waive the obligation of personal submission for applicants whose biometric data was not collected in the last five years.
Please be advised that travel regulations may change before your intended travel date. Please make sure you confirm the up-to-date travel regulations before your travel.
Below you can find a list of necessary supporting documents for a Schengen (C) visa.
- Completed application form
- With 1 passport photo.
- Valid passport, Your passport
- must have been issued within the past 10 years,
- must have 2 blank pages, and
- must be valid for at least 3 months after the end of your visit.
- Proof of legal residence in the USA with valid visa or green card. The US visa or green card should be valid at least three months beyond intended departure from the territory of the Member State back to the USA. In case of F1 visa: please also bring your I-20 form with a valid travel endorsement signature.
- Proof of travel arrangements. Purchased and confirmed travel ticket(s) with the passenger’s name listed, departure date, arrival date and return date. Full itinerary must be shown, especially if traveling to multiple countries.
- Proof of accommodations. Purchased hotel reservation(s) or other proof of accommodations with applicant’s full name and hotel address listed. If visiting other countries: your reservation(s) has to cover your entire stay within the Schengen States.
- Please note: if the traveler will be staying with an individual in Hungary, then a signed invitation letter with the exact address and specific dates must be shown as proof of accommodations. (Owner of residence must include a picture of their Hungarian ID and their Hungarian residential address card with their invitation letter).
- Proof of current employment or school admission: signed enrollment and/or employment verification letter, must be recent and signed by the employer or the school.
- Proof of travel purpose: e.g. conference invitation letter / workshop invitation letter / acceptance to study abroad /personal invitation.
- Health insurance/travel insurance (US health insurance is not acceptable)
Applicants shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance to cover any expenses that might arise in connection with injury, sickness, accident, including visits that result in hospitalization, medical evacuation and also repatriation of mortal remains. The insurance should be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen States. The minimum coverage is EUR 30 000.
- Proof of financial means for the intended journey, in the form of bank account statements for the last three months, min. 1000 USD/month. If the expenses are covered by someone else, we need a signed statement of financial support. If the supporter is your relative (parent, husband, wife), you must present your birth or marriage certificate, and the copy of supporter’s ID card.
- Pre-paid self-addressed envelope with tracking number, in case you would like to have your passport mailed back to you. Sender and recipient has to be both the applicant.
We can only submit your application for processing if you have all of the above mentioned documentation. Further documents may be requested by the consul. PLEASE NOTE: Schengen visa applications are processed within and up to 15 calendar days after they are successfully submitted.
The application fee can be paid by debit or credit card only (Visa or MasterCard).