We would like to inform our clients that new border restrictions will come into effect in Hungary on 1st September 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Hungarian citizens and their family members coming from abroad may enter Hungary, however, they are obliged to stay in a 14 days home quarantine.
- Upon request, Hungarian citizens and their family members may be granted an exemption from the quarantine regulation by presenting negative results of two SARS-CoV-2 PCR tests performed in Hungary within 5 days with a minimum of 48 hours between the two tests.
- As a general rule, foreign citizens – with few exceptions - may not enter the territory of Hungary. In justified cases, a special request can be submitted to the Hungarian Police to be exempted from the travel ban. The special request may only be submitted through the following website: http://www.police.hu/hu/ugyintezes/elektronikus-ugyintezes/meltanyossagi-kerelem-magyarorszagra-torteno-beutazashoz.
- Foreign citizens with a special permission of the Hungarian Police to enter Hungary are also subject to 14 days quarantine.
- Transit through Hungary remained possible using the designated border crossing points and transit route with the obligation to leave the territory of Hungary within 24 hours. http://www.police.hu/en/content/humanitarian-corridor
For more information please read the Government Decree 408/2020 (VIII. 30.) on travel restrictions in the period of epidemiological preparedness (available in Hungarian language).